Sheridan Capital Advisory, Inc. assists its clients in structuring and negotiating mergers and acquisitions. We advise our clients in the purchase and sale of operating assets or equity in a diverse range of markets. We handle the transaction from start to finish and tailor our process to implement a transaction strategy that fits our client’s needs. In each transaction we aim to leverage our deep financial, legal and transactional skill sets to address a number of business challenges with considerable attention paid to the partners' reputation and what the aftermath will look like to employees, customers and other stakeholders.
Exclusive Sell-Side Engagements
Every sale engagement is unique and depends on the specific needs and objectives of the client's shareholders. Every sale process by Sheridan will vary based on the client's preference and will include the following:
• Analysis of industry, business, operations, and financial position;
• Defining objectives, performing a valuation analysis, and structuring the transaction;
• Preparation of marketing documents;
• Identifying and contacting a detailed list of potential strategic and financial buyers;
• Preparation and overseeing management presentations and the due diligence process;
• Working with M&A counsel to review all documents; and
• Evaluating and negotiating the terms and conditions of the transaction.
Exclusive Buy-Side Engagements
Sheridan Capital Advisory, Inc. specializes in advising clients on the long-term inorganic growth strategy and deployment of capital for strategic acquisitions. Sheridan’s industry expertise and analytical skills enable us to manage the process outcome and risk. We have advised many leading companies as well as financial buyers in acquisitions. Typically our buy-side engagement process includes the following:
• Creation of relevant acquisition strategy;
• Identification, segmentation and creation of a target list;
• Reaching high-priority prospective targets to gain specific insight into their businesses;
• Performing a valuation analysis, and structuring the transaction;
• Managing the due diligence process;
• Working with M&A counsel to review all requisite documents; and
• Negotiating the terms and conditions of the transaction.
Corporate Divestitures and Sale of Portfolio Companies by Private Equity Funds
The principals of Sheridan Capital Advisory, Inc. have extensive experience working with public and private corporations, boards of directors, and private equity firms in the evaluation and execution of corporate divestitures. Clients value our ability to quickly understand the rationale and objectives for considering a divestiture and our ability to achieve outstanding results while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality. We believe that our proven ability to develop effective working relationships with senior corporate executives, corporate functional groups (legal, accounting, human resources, etc) and division management is a key factor in achieving successful divestiture outcomes.